16 September 2013

Birth day

Hi all,

I am writing this post to all of you on 16 September 2013, 1030pm.

Why? This is the actual date and timing of my birth day. I've always wondered: why is birthday spelt as 'birthday'? Shouldn't it be spelt as two separate words, like 'birth day'? Since it was the day you were born. I never understood. I guess it still means the same. I've also always wondered: when someone wishes you a happy birthday, why do you respond with a 'thank you'?

Now I do know.

Spending my birthday at home really got me thinking. Papa's away, just the 4 of us (Mum and sisters). The house became a lot quieter, but I am still thankful for the effort put in by everyone. This morning I woke up to countless notifications from Papa and friends. Papa's whatsapp message really touched my heart, I literally teared. I felt like a little girl in his eyes again. This morning I also woke up to a very busy baby sister hustling in the kitchen. She was making bagels. All because I mentioned casually that I wanted bagels. I couldn't believe what I saw. She also made the best milo dinosaur I've ever tasted. All the effort, I cannot comprehend. Last night, Mummy also made me a birthday day with the biggest smile. The cake cracked coincidentally so she turned the cake into a smile by adding choc chips to make a face. This afternoon, second sister spent the day shopping for my present and printing out the loveliest card which I could paste on my wall in the future for uni. 

So much love given to me. All my friends who wished me on whatsapp, texts, facebook and twitter, I am so thankful because I did not expect anything at all. I didn't expect anyone to remember this day since I'm so far away from everybody else.

I guess when someone wishes you a happy birthday, you respond with a thank you because your heart is overwhelmed with all the love, thought process and effort put in. You never expected anything but everyone gave you everything you needed. And to respond with a thanks is really the least you can do and possibly the only pathetic thing you can come up with because everyone else have already provided you with something.
So I say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to everyone whom I know and love because it has been the most blessed birthday.

Birth days: the date you were born to create something special in this world, even before you know it. It's truly a meaningful day.

(It's my birthday, Ah Ma! I miss you through and through)

Lastly, thank you Daddy God for a blessed day. You have given me everything I needed. A loving family and great friends.

So, I'm reborn again! Enrolling myself into the 20s club. Like how my sister will say: "O is for old, O is for osteoporosis". 




No comments:

Post a Comment