27 June 2013

You're 74!

Today's the day.
27 June.
It's your very special day, a day known as your birthday. 
Today would be the day you turn 74, if not for the losing battle.
I always remember this date because I remember when I was a kid, you would say "27 June!" with happiness. And from that day onwards, I never failed to remember it. (However at times I get mixed up with Ah Gong's birthday because it's on 24 June. You told me that too.)
You never expected any presents. Just simple wishes from the family members and maybe hugs from us. I used to say happy birthday to you too then giving you hugs. You will then give me kisses in return. And then a huge smile will follow after. Finally you say "Thank you ah!"
(Miss those moments.)
Well, I haven't done it for 2 years. Can't even feel your presence anymore. 
Guess I just gotta say it in my head now, hoping you will receive the wishes.
So Happy Birthday Ah Ma! :-) Today you are (would be) 74!
No tears today because it's a happy occasion.
You are always remembered dearly.
<3

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment