30 June 2013

Happy moments

TWO happy moments in a day today. It's not many, but it's certainly enough.
I'd like to call it double happiness. (lulz zero creativity points there)
But it's true. One large and a larger happiness.
The first large happiness:
I GOT MY VSCO GRID!
Might not seem like a big deal to most of you but I am really really fantastically happy that I finally got my own grid! What is a VSCO grid? It's basically your own page where you get to display some of your pictures that you have enhanced with the VSCOcam app. It's also against a white background therefore giving a really clean look. No need for extra details because hey, your photos are the main characters on the page right?
So here's a snippet of the grid (#VSCOgrid):
 joeyhwxng.vsco.co
Not the best shots out there but I hope you guys like it! *Fingers crossed* (Leave me a comment to tell me what you think of it!)

__________

The second larger happiness is:
OUR CURRENT HOUSE HAS FOUND ITSELF A LOVELY OWNER!
Had a house auction today right in front of our front porch and a large number of people attended it. It was such a fascinating sight because I have never come across any auctions, let alone a house auction. It was fantastic to learn some skills about bidding at the right timings and a few lingo from the property agent such as "On the market". At the end of a crucial 30 minutes auction, our house finally had a new owner. Seeing my mum jumping for joy (literally), shouting "Praise the Lord; God is good; Hallelujah" and my dad who was on Skype for a good hour or so (without us knowing), clapping his hands with all smiles on his face made me very happy for them as well. It has been a gruelling 7 weeks (approx.) just to prepare the house in quality showroom condition for the weekly home inspections. And it all ended today, with a large sticker with the words "SOLD by Victoria's leading agency" officially pasted on the advertisement board. I felt a sense of thankfulness, relief and reminiscence. I'm thankful for our Daddy God for watching over my family and giving us the opportunities to experience an auction as well as selling the house for a good price. Thank you Daddy God as we surrender the fate of this house in Your hands. Thank you for the beautiful day, wonderful friends of my parents and a wonderful neighbour. I felt relieved for my parents, all the hard work they have put in, the stress that they were facing for 2 months -- it's all finally gone. And it's visible through the smiles of my mum and how she's sleeping very soundly now :-) She must've been really tired. Lastly, reminiscing the days spent in this small townhouse. Though there were times when I hated this home for its lack of space and privacy, it is after all a home and I know that I should be thankful for a roof over my head. Come to think about it, the smallness of this home actually brought us closer together as a family, learning to tolerate each others annoying habits. Furthermore, it will be only 6 more days till our moving date. I have to treasure this house a little more. <3
:')

So that concludes my double happiness. I'm feeling immense bliss right now. I don't think I can fall asleep anytime now. However, my mind is tired so I will win this battle of temporary insomnia.
Have a good week ahead everyone. x

- J 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment