2 May 2013

{01.05.13}



{01.05.13}
First May was my sister's (Dionne) birthday. Being a Labour Day (in Singapore) baby, she is subjected to being a punny baby, if you know what I mean. I guess she was the luckiest girl in the universe because she received gifts from both friends and family, wishes from friends and strangers and had the best Peking duck birthday dinner. Being the useless me, I didn't know what to do except writing a card, bought her a bag and made macarons instead of a birthday cake (she didn't want a cake).
Sounds like a lot -- but it isn't. The macarons were pretty much a failure :-( I was so disappointed in myself. It was suppose to be a trio of plain, chocolate and peppermint macarons. But I ran out of time (and eggs). I guess I need more practice. 
Hope you had a good birthday anyways Mei.

~


Oh hey there May, you're here again. Looks like almost half a year is gone. Gone in a blink of an eye. 
The month of May is going to be all about trying and the value of acceptance. Trying times and being positive. Just like the flower in the last picture, we all can bloom and grow if we try hard enough. We can do this. Have a great month of May.

 - J

No comments:

Post a Comment